Office and Administrative Support Internship [(optional) PR & Events]
Number of working hours per week:
30 hours (expected)
Preferred period of internship:
from mid-September to mid-January, but negotiable
There is no financial compensation given directly by ESN Zagreb, however, the internship can be funded by the Erasmus+ Programme, provided there is a Learning Agreement accepted by the sending and the receiving institution, together with an Acceptance Letter.
Send your CV and Motivational letter on email@example.com until 31st of May 2019 (1st Round) or 15th of June 2019 (2nd Round)
The Office and Administrative interns will be the interface between the international students and ESN Zagreb volunteers at the ESN office while being an ambassador to the organisation at any moment. The intern will help the organisation with its day-to-day administrative tasks and will be able, if they wish so, to help the organisation organise some events or the Public Relation team to promote the events, the organisation itself etc.
In the period of the highest flow of international students and daily tasks of ESN Zagreb (Welcome Week - last week of September) the intern´s main duty will be to exclusively perform administrative tasks at the office and be in charge of the office organisation (mainly volunteers’ shifts, office supplies, monitoring/supervision).
After the Welcome Week, the number of students coming to the office decreases, so the amount of work required from the intern will be shifted towards the event organisation and/or its Public Relations team (depends on the intern’s qualifications).
Helping and assisting the Board in different tasks (arranging meetings, making PPT presentations, collecting documentation for bookkeeping, etc.) will always be a priority.*
What we are looking for (required skills):
- English knowledge at least B2;
- G Suite (Drive, Calendar, Sheets), Doodle, Trello;
- multitasking, office management skills, strong organisational skills;
- efficient interpersonal communication skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing;
- ability to prioritise and meet deadlines;
- ability to work independently and as part of a team handling confidential information;
- proactive attitude, not being afraid of proposing changes and being responsible for taking individual projects and tasks;
- feeling comfortable when working in teams and in a multicultural environment.
Not a must, but a plus:
- knowledge about Erasmus Student Network;
- experience with working within an NGO;
- experience with student mobility (Erasmus+)
- basic level of Croatian;
- Photoshop/photography/design skills;
Main duties and responsibilities:
- interface between international students and ESN volunteers on a day-to-day basis to provide guidance and expert advice;
- performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files, bookkeeping and processing paperwork;
- maintaining the office (cleaning, making inventories, assuring that office material is available, checking materials for different activities, etc.);
- preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondences, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings;
- communicating with the people outside of the organisation, representing the organisation to customers, the public, faculties and other external stakeholders;
- scheduling trips, events, and activities, as well as the work of others;
- monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events or the environment to detect or assess problems;
- providing guidelines and expert advice to the international students or another group;
- developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time;
- preparing and submitting all attendance and membership reports when requested by the Board;
- producing visual materials and maintaining Facebook and Instagram Accounts (optional, depending on the interns' competences)
- preparing documentation for bookkeeping and financial reports;
- operating and coordinating reports and forms to check their content, spelling and grammar and to ensure that ESN Zagreb policies are followed.
- The chance to improve your English and Croatian language skills;
- Possibility of improving your events and project management skills by learning how to organize various types of events;
- Office at the city centre, at the university building;
- Possibility of joining our internal training events and taking part in various workshops (e.g. leadership, graphic design, teambuilding);
- The companionship of young, internationally-minded volunteers;
- Life experience in the capital of Croatia.